Sunday, October 30, 2011

(today's zomby) AND TWO YEARS OF THIS CRUMMY BLOG!

I love the festive gray-on-gray can.

Ah, another "rotting corpses sure do stink" joke. Is there any more dignified way for this blog to turn 2?

Yes, folks, today marks the two-year anniversary since the beginning of this blog. I'd like to thank absolutely anyone who has ever read this blog, especially those nice folks who took the time to leave comments. October 2011 has been the blog's best-ever in terms of traffic, and I hope you will continue checking in to Dead 2 Rights regularly for updates. This would be a great time to thank Chris Toohey, who originally set this blog up and has provided technical support along the way, and Scott Cole, who designed the gorgeous Dead 2 Rights logo.

Chris' site is right here!

And Scott's site is right here!

And, of course, we cannot forget Brother D and Miss Bren of the Mail Order Zombie podcast, without whom none of this would exist. MOZ is on hiatus for the rest of 2011, but I'm looking forward to contributing to the show when it relaunches in 2012.

And now, if you'll forgive me, I'd like to share a few of my favorite posts from the first two years of this blog:

ZOMBIE STUFF

NON-ZOMBIE STUFF

If all this feels a tad self-indulgent, well, I put an absurd amount of time and effort into this nonsense so I want to get as much mileage out of this stuff as I possibly can. By the way, don't think that these are the only decent posts in two years. I've posted well over 400 various items to this blog, each one a gem of its own kind. Like that one about cartoon shows based on pop groups, for instance. Why I didn't get the Internet equivalent of a Pulitzer for that, I'll never know.

Mourn me til you join me!


Wayne Kotke,
President, Spokesman, and Founder of Dead 2 Rights